Nowadays, businesses are turning to online platforms to promote webinars. One platform that has gained popularity for B2B marketing is LinkedIn.
Unlike other social media platforms, this platform is not geared towards entertainment. Instead, it is best for business networking. To succeed, you must know how to promote a webinar on LinkedIn.
Why Host Webinars?
There are different ways to host the webinars. The webinar platforms have been popular platform marketing tools for years. However, the shift to virtual events has benefitted the organizations greatly.
The geographical location does not really matter today. Plus, the attendees can work in the webinars around their own schedules. But why is there a need to host webinars? Let us try to understand it a bit deeply.
Brand awareness is one aspect on which the companies bank greatly. With the arrival of the social, the entire scale of branding has increased. The webinars work to add context to your brand. Webinars add context to the product. This is because it is more of a conversation than a sales pitch. People can know about your deeper.
Generating New Leads
Webinars are highly useful in generating teh leads. There are people who sign up based on the topic. People also sign up based on what they hope to get from the webinars. But as a business, you can generate new leads by making the events interesting.
Not only this, you can hold on to the leads and nurture them to make them quality ones. You can access all the quality information when you host the quality webinars.
Benefits Of Using Linkedin For Webinar Promotion
LinkedIn is the perfect platform to promote webinars because of its professional nature. This platform offers benefits for promoting your webinar, such as:
- Access to a professional network: LinkedIn enables you to connect with a highly focused audience keen on industry-specific subjects.
- Precision targeting: Utilizing LinkedIn’s advertising tools, you can precisely target your webinar promotion to specific demographics.
- Engagement and interaction: LinkedIn provides a variety of engagement tools.
- Enhanced brand credibility: By sharing your expertise through webinars on LinkedIn, you can maximize your brand’s credibility.
- Opportunity for building connections: Webinar promotion offers a platform to connect with professionals.
- Versatile content sharing: LinkedIn allows for the sharing of various content types.
- Analytics and insights: LinkedIn supplies analytics concerning post performance, engagement metrics, and audience demographics.
LinkedIn Webinar Promotion Tips That Work
Promoting your webinar on LinkedIn can be a way to generate leads and engage with a professional audience.
Here are tips on how to promote your webinar on LinkedIn:
Understand Your Target Audience
LinkedIn offers ways to gather more information about your audience. You can define your ideal webinar attendees by knowing:
- Who they are
- What are their pain points
- What they are looking to learn or achieve
Once you have a clear picture of your target audience, you can tailor your webinar promotion efforts.
Create A Compelling Webinar Title And Description
They should be compelling to entice people to register. Some tips to consider:
- Your title should be clear and concise.
- You must communicate the value.
- You must include the key takeaways, topics covered, and the speaker’s credentials.
Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile
Your LinkedIn profile is your business card. It’s best to optimize your profile for webinar promotion.
Start by adding a professional profile picture, a background photo, and a headline that accurately describes what you do. Make sure your bio summary section is up-to-date and highlights your expertise
Add your webinar to your experience section, and make it easy for people to register. This will help LinkedIn suggest your profile to people interested in your topic.
Create Webinar Content
Some ways to create a great content include:
- Highlight the key takeaways and benefits attendees can expect. Use bullet points, numbered lists, or short paragraphs.
- Design an eye-catching banner image that reflects the webinar’s theme and includes the date and time.
- Leveraging LinkedIn’s native video feature.
Set Up A LinkedIn Event
Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to your LinkedIn profile and click on the “Events” tab on the left sidebar.
- Click on “Create Event.”
- Choose “Online Event.”
- Fill in event details, including the title, date, time, and description.
- Upload the banner image you created.
Share the event on your LinkedIn profile. Write a post explaining the importance of the webinar. You should also include why your network should attend. Use relevant hashtags and tag any co-hosts or guest speakers.
Leverage Linkedin Groups
Join relevant LinkedIn Groups and be participative in discussions related to your webinar topic.
When promoting your webinar in LinkedIn Groups, make sure to adhere to the group’s guidelines and avoid spamming or self-promotion. Furthermore, contemplate establishing a LinkedIn Group dedicated to your webinar’s theme.
Use Linkedin Ads
Aside from creating a webinar landing page, consider also running LinkedIn ads for promotion. LinkedIn offers several ad formats. These include paid ads, sponsored content, sponsored InMail, and display ads.
Keep your LinkedIn network engaged by posting regular updates about the webinar’s progress. Share sneak peeks, teasers, or short videos related to the webinar’s content.
Leverage Linkedin Stories And Polls
Use LinkedIn Stories to create short, engaging video clips or posts about your webinar. Use LinkedIn Polls to gauge interest and gather feedback from your network.
Respond to comments and messages promptly. Engage in conversations with potential webinar attendees. Encourage them to ask questions, which leads to higher webinar registration.
Send Personal Invitations
Personally message individuals in your network who might be interested in the webinar. Customize the message to explain why the webinar is relevant to them.
After the webinar, thank attendees for their participation. It’s also ideal if you provide them with additional resources or offers. Continue the conversation with potential leads and nurture them into clients.
Leveraging LinkedIn for webinar promotion can be strategic and fruitful. With its professional user base, LinkedIn offers a unique platform to connect users.
To ensure the success of your webinar promotion efforts, it’s best to track results. So, go ahead and seize the potential of LinkedIn.
Barsha Bhattacharya is a senior content writing executive. As a marketing enthusiast and professional for the past 4 years, writing is new to Barsha. And she is loving every bit of it. Her niches are marketing, lifestyle, wellness, travel and entertainment. Apart from writing, Barsha loves to travel, binge-watch, research conspiracy theories, Instagram and overthink.