Are you an online marketer or web content developer? Then you know for a fact that keywords are very important when it comes to making your web content relevant and wanted,. However, that needs special marketing technique known as content marketing.
It is also reasonable to say that everyone who has a blog or website wants to rank at the top of these search engines. Therefore, for your content to be ranked among the most prominent in the online marketing arena, you must work your magic around certain keywords.
Truth be told, everyone that uses the internet types certain keywords or phrases on the search engines. But the fundamental question is how the search engines rank the websites and blogs.
Well, there are some confidential calculations referred to as algorithms that are used by search engines to determine to rank. The algorithms are reliable and fair basically because they are periodically changed to ensure that every website that deserves a top ranking gets that fair and square.
For someone who is a novice at content marketing, should take content marketing services from various agencies, but if you can spare yourself some time, you can learn a lot of SEO and can try out them on your own.
However, the process is not as easy as it seems. For you to be able to generate keyword rich-content, you must first understand what keywords are. In simple words, keywords are definite phrases that internet users use to search for sites that cater to their needs.
Now that you are clear with the term, let us also discuss an example:
If an internet user uses the phrase ‘dental care’, he/she is in search of websites that offer dental and oral hygiene care. The owner of the website should then generate content with ‘dental care’ as one of the keywords. This keyword is what will push the content to the top ranks of search engines like Google and Yahoo.
The trick, however, is not only in the use of keywords but also keeping an eye on your competitors. Thanks to keywordinspector.com, you can spy on your competitors and find out what keywords they use to market their websites. Then using those keywords, you can come up with phrases that your potential web visitors could think of.
The importance of Keywords:
- Keywords make the articles on the internet more marketable and hence they are a very big part of content marketing. The more the articles become wanted, the more traffic you get on your website and the more sales you make.
- When internet users type a phrase that you have used as a keyword on the search engine, your webpage will appear. The goal behind it all is to make that internet user click on your article, read it and if the article is convincing, the user will then click on your website for more.
- Keywords make your niche topics more appropriate and your content more attention-grabbing. Without these keywords, no internet user will waste time on your content and no search engine will rank you.
- Content which is relevant and serves most of the user’s question rank high, which not only drives more traffic but also drives in quality traffic. So, if the user credibility is better, it is highly likely that most of it are going to convert into sales.
- If you are a digital marketer then you should know this that most of the keywords are set from current trends. So indirectly, it also gives us an insight into the current trends of the industry. This leads to applying to new digital marketing strategies which bring in better ranking and more traffic.
Now that you know about the importance of content marketing, let us dive into the tips which will help you to understand where to put keywords and how. Also, these are the very specific guidelines which are also practiced by some of the best content marketing services agency.
Here are some tips from the ultimate content marketing strategy:
Keywords are not just words that you will keep sprinkling around your content and it will work wonders on your search page ranking and website traffic. There are certain ways in which you will have to put those keywords in order to make them optimizable for the search engine.
So here are some content marketing strategies that come handy in regarding content-rich website and blog:
- It is much more important to maintain consistency keyword pattern and focus keyword in-between places in a single content. You need to decide how many primary keywords you should put, how many secondary and long tail keywords you should put. Do not stuff two keywords in the same paragraph and do not stuff keywords because that is considered as black hat SEO according to Google.
- This is the best content marketing strategy which is very popular among the SEO experts: the use of the long tail keyword. Due to the change in search techniques by users, and a current hype in voice search has made long tail keyword very prominent in the world of SEO. Use keywords which are most relevant to the user because nowadays, Google is giving importance to the most relevant and direct answers.
- Use keywords wherever you can. It is one of the most important content marketing strategies. The more keywords in and around your online business, the more there are chances of getting ranked in the search page and gain more website traffic. It is even wise to use the keyword in your URL as well. This is also recognized by Google and other search engines.
Your keywords will be of no good if your content is not of value. As much as keywords will help you get a good ranking, you might also miss the opportunity due to information that is irrelevant to the website. Therefore, to attract the search engines, your content marketing must be relevant to your website, must be keyword-rich and above all, useful to the readers.
Mashum Mollah is a tech entrepreneur by profession and passionate blogger by heart. He is on a mission to help small businesses grow online. He shares his journey, insights and experiences in this blog. If you are an entrepreneur, digital marketing professional, or simply an info-holic, then this blog is for you. Follow him on Instagram, Twitter & LinkedIn