A text marketing platform is software that allows you to create, plan, and send SMS messages to your customers’ mobile devices. These platforms often come with features like automation, integrations, contact management, two-way messaging, shortcodes, and chatbots.
So, what’s the point of text messaging platforms? Why can’t you just use email and other forms of communication to connect with customers? Well, customers are more likely to read a text message than they are to open an email. Plus, SMS marketing is relevant, straightforward, and opens directly into your customers’ devices.
Over 85% of Americans own a smartphone. That means your target audience doesn’t have to be active on social media or regularly check their emails in order for you to reach them. But they can receive text messages. This is a great way to remain top of your customers’ minds and boost conversion rates.
1. Platforms Can Do The Heavy Lifting
So, it’s clear that text message marketing brings a ton of advantages to any marketing strategy. But how do you reach hundreds or even thousands of people through SMS? This is where text marketing software brings value. For example, as mentioned before, automation is a major feature many SMS marketing platforms bring to the table.
The following are ways you can automate and integrate text marketing with your current tools.
- Drip Messages: With text message marketing platforms, you can create SMS drip campaigns to build engagement and send the right messages to the right people at the right time. You can set up specific triggers. For example, a customer might sign up for your newsletter or click a call to action (CTA) on your site. From there, you can set up the software to automatically send targeted messages to your contact list, depending on where they are in the customer journey.
- Automate Delivery: Automated text messages can help you save time and increase text campaign productivity. With automation features, you can send bulk SMS messages to large groups of subscribers. You can send promotional offers, coupons, or flash sales. Automation also allows you to send your customers reminders about appointments, abandoned carts, and events.
- Integrate with Storefronts: Another area where SMS marketing platforms shine is through integrations. You can integrate them with other tools in your tech stack. For example, you can connect to eCommerce storefronts. With this integration, you can reach customers instantly with promotions, announcements, and value-adds. This can help you increase awareness of products, services, content, etc.
- Track Pixels: Many SMS marketing platforms allow you to use tracking pixels to track user behavior. For example, you can track the number of unique users on a page, a user’s location, the types of operating systems and devices customers are using, and where visitors go as they navigate a website. These tracking pixels allow you to be more strategic in your campaigns so that you’re delivering the right messages to your audience.
2. Why Add Test (SMS) Marketing To Your Current Program?
In any marketing campaign, the goal is to target the right people, with the right messaging, at the right time. On paper, this seems simple enough. But in practice, this can actually be difficult to achieve, especially on the first try. First, you have to identify and find people who are likely to be interested in your product or service. And then, you have to get their attention. Finally, you must get them to convert. But the customer journey is rarely linear.
So, what does all this have to do with SMS marketing? Text messages give you a direct line of communication with your customers because, let’s face it, everyone is attached to their phones. That means you have a higher chance of reaching them and keeping customers engaged when your medium of communication is literally right at their fingertips.
If you’re still not convinced, here are some stats that show just how effective SMS text marketing can be:
- SMS messages have an average click-through rate of 36%, while email CTRs are 3.4%.
- 75% of consumers want to receive texts with special offers rather than emails.
- SMS subscribers tend to purchase more than email-only subscribers. Why? Because of trust.
- The average response time for an SMS marketing message is 90 seconds, compared to 90 minutes for email.
3. How Do I Get Started With SMS Text Marketing?
Are you convinced yet? If so, here’s how to get started:
- Build a list of SMS subscribers.
- Provide a clear, easy way for subscribers to opt out.
- Choose an SMS marketing platform.
- Create your SMS campaigns.
Choosing the right text marketing platform is mission-critical to campaign success. Your text marketing platform provider should provide you with a signup form that includes a month-to-month, no-contract arrangement. Interested in finding out more?
Abdul Aziz Mondol is a professional blogger who is having a colossal interest in writing blogs and other jones of calligraphies. In terms of his professional commitments, he loves to share content related to business, finance, technology, and the gaming niche.